Thursday, May 5, 2011

Whalewatching

So Gina and I went whale watching last month out of Dana Point
It was a gorgeous day, super clear and great for spotting wildlife.
Well after about an hour of cruising around all we'd seen was a whole lot of seagulls and one sea lion.

That's when the captain announced a sighting a mile up the coast. They spun the boat around and headed towards the sighting.

Granted it wasn't whales and we didn't see any at all that day but it was a huge pod of dolphins charging full speed through the water.








I've been whale watching twice now and haven't seen whales either time. I'm beginning to think that like the Lock Ness, whales are mythical creatures.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're posting again...:) Love the dolphins. I'd love to see them up close.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing interest in my blog! I look forward to reading your comment.