Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Seattle Part One

Gina and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary and we did it in Seattle.
Neither of us had ever been there so it seemed like a good excuse to go.

Because we have the attention span of goldfish,
I will break this entry up into four parts over the next four days.

So now,
I present to you Part One of our four day trip to Seattle



October 8th

(Don't forget to click on the images to enlarge!)


Why is every cities downtown cooler than ours!



Here's Gina thoroughly enjoying her "Dirty Chai" at our new favorite coffee spot, Pegasus Coffee, on Bainbridge Island.. we went back here a couple of times... I guess the pic says it all



Typical neighborhood view from Bainbridge Island.
P.S. We looked at some home listings while we were there,
$350k- 500k
Makes you a little sick, right!



On the ferry ride back to Seattle we had this view of Mt. Rainier
which is roughly 85 miles away. The air's a bit cleaner there.



I know that nearly every person who's taken the ferry from Bainbridge
to Seattle has there own version of this shot, but this one is mine!



This is the view of downtown we had while pulling into port.
I love the way the last bit of sunlight was reflecting off the glass buildings.



We ate at a restaurant called the Pink Door recommended by my sister.
This is the delicious bottle of wine we drank over quite possibly the best dinner
I've had all year!
This restaurant is really cool, Gina likened it to a scene from Moulin Rouge

Our waiter was rocking a barbell in his nose!

Tune in tomorrow for part two of our trip




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Kev! These are amazing! You got the best weather up there... I love the picture of Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear lord that drink was good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing interest in my blog! I look forward to reading your comment.