Friday, October 16, 2009

Seattle part three... and four


Okay, so what I've realized is that by day three of our trip, I was worn out. Therefore, I have fewer images for the last two days and it is for this reason I've decided to combine those days into one entry... that and I'm starting to get a little tired of Seattle.

October 12th
Gina loves to watch dudes throw fish and I love coffee. So... we headed back down to Pike Place for the fulfillment of the aforementioned.
Don't forget to click on the images to enlarge

fish...


crab...


and no trip to Seattle would be complete without a rendition of the famous Public Market sign... so here ya go

Once we'd had our fill of the Pike, we decided to head back out to Bainbridge Island for two reasons, first to explore the island further but more importantly... it was an excuse to ride the ferry once more.

P.S. I think that, next to the infinite beauty of the place, riding the ferry may have been my favorite part of out trip. Maybe I'm a dork... I don't know.


Here's a shot of the front end of our ferry which, by the way, can carry approximately 205 vehicles in one crossing. These things are huge, like cruise ship status!

Anyway, once we reached Bainbridge we did a little walking around and decided to venture north on the public transit to a little town called Poulsbo which is Washington's version of Solvang.


This is a picture from the boardwalk at Poulsbo's seaside park.

After we finished our walk and exploration we realized that we had like one more opportunity to catch a bus back to Bainbridge or else we'd be spending the night in Poulsbo.


A view of the sunset, SHUT UP SONTAG!, over Bainbridge on the ferry ride back.


One last shot of the Seattle cityscape as we pulled into port for the last time.

The next day we flew home but managed to do a little sight seeing before we had to head to the airport.


That's right, the Space Needle, which in hindsight, we probably could've skipped.
The Space Needle is part of Seattle Center which was built for the 1962 Worlds Fair. Seattle Center is kind of like a rundown third world version of Disneyland. None the less it was fun to see and experience.

Needless to say, Seattle has left a profound impression on me. It may take a few years but I'll go back... maybe indefinitely





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing interest in my blog! I look forward to reading your comment.